What to Watch For

What to Watch For: 6 teams in action this weekend as football rests for bye week

Logan Reidsma | Photo Editor

Freshman midfielder Andreas Jenssen provided a boost to Syracuse's midfield on Sept. 25 by allowing Oyvind Alseth to move to a wing position, where he notched three assists.

Men’s Soccer

Opponent: at Duke
Where: Durham, North Carolina
When: Friday, 7 p.m.

Syracuse is on a three-game streak of scoring two or more goals. The Orange, before that, hasn’t been able to record consecutive multi-goal games this season. However, in this stretch of three multi-goal games, Syracuse has scored 10 goals of its 20 goals on 47 shots. It took 93 to score the first 10. There are three key adjustments which made it all possible.

More: 3 adjustments boost Syracuse offense

Field Hockey

Opponent: Monmouth and Cornell
Where: J.S. Coyne Stadium
When: Friday, 4 p.m. and Sunday, 2 p.m.

For No. 2 Syracuse, going into halftime trailing two tough opponents was not optimal, but players didn’t worry. In the second half, the work the team members did over the summer showed as the Orange ran Boston College and North Carolina ragged, using its superior fitness to grind down the Eagles and Tar Heels en route to two more wins.

More: Superior conditioning leads Syracuse to 2nd-half success

Women’s Soccer

Opponent: Louisville
Where: SU Soccer Stadium
When: Sunday, noon

Shortly before practice ended on Tuesday morning at the Hookway Fields Complex, Syracuse players running a drill in the penalty box, but neither a ball nor a goalie were used. Each SU defensive player had to shadow, and track step-for-step, its mark in the penalty box for 10-second intervals. Defending set pieces will be key for the Orange this weekend after allowing three goals to Virginia Tech, all off set pieces.

More: Syracuse works on improving set-piece defense ahead of game against Louisville

Volleyball

Opponent: at Louisville and at Notre Dame
Where: Louisville, Kentucky and South Bend, Indiana
When: Friday, 7 p.m. and Sunday, noon

Softball

Opponent: Binghamton and Le Moyne
Where: Binghamton, New York
When: Saturday, noon

Tennis

Opponent: Riviera and ITA Women’s All-American
Where: Los Angeles
When: Saturday, Oct. 3 to Sunday, Oct. 11